<body>

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Criticism before stardom


Warning: Today's post has more pictures than usual.







Like how failure is the lao bu (aka mother) of success, before stardom always comes criticism.



After watching some singing cum idol competition on TV lately, I have developed some illusions that I am qualified to give my 2 cents worth about some stuff I observed.




Before I proceed, I have basically grouped human beans into 3 categories.



Type One - human beans who are superstar material. They can act, sing, dance, do somersaults with one finger and jump through rings of fire for our pure entertainment.



Human beans who arent not able to do the above mentioned but are able to look cool/droolalicious just by not doing anything can also be considered a superstar.



Local Yummy beans.



So cold.




Type Two - human beans who think they are of superstar material but in fact they can only qualify to stage a concert occasionally in their own shower or at best sing along with the downstairs ah meows during their mating season.




Please don't confuse this type of beans with other beans who KNOW they are not superstar material.




Type Three - human beans who think they are qualified to criticise superstars and wannabes on their blogs.




May I say that this is a minority group of people left out in the lonely world becuz they get stalked by weirdos in the toilets or get stoned to death sooner or later.




The rest of you who doesn't fit into any of the 3 types of people are basically animals. Meow.




However one thing which I'm proud to say is that the quality of contestants for Project Superstar is better than Singapore idiot or idol or whatever.




Taufik could probably be a star on Suria or in Malaysia in the near future and the other one, the rocker wannabe with girlish red lips might just die a slow celebrity death.




Yikes. Interview with THE local vampire.



After all, fame is fleeting and the end of their 15 minutes of fame is near.




Like every other contest held before time, there is always a fair share of couch potato critics (like me) condemning contestants like its nobody's business.




It is through people like me that help separate the wannabes from the real stars.



People I dont want to see on TV permanently:
1) Human beans with no looks no talent
2) Human beans with no talent
3) Human beans pretending to be monkeys (aka people who make a fool out of themselves)
4) Myself




Anyway, after the Project Superstar show on Thursday, I compiled 2 major observations which I have big trouble accepting:



1) Hand Signs overkill


Have you noticed the increasing trend of wannabes do handsigns when they are on TV or taking pictures?




Dumb





and Dumber





And dumbo the elephant




I seriously have no idea where did silly hand sign mania evolve from.




Have you ever seen Jay Chou, king of cool do silly looking hand signs?



Of cuz not.



Have you seen Edison Chen, bad boy of bad do silly looking hand signs except for the universal hand sign for fuck?



Of cuz not.



Have you seen Brad pitt kor kor, sexiest man alive do silly looking hand signs?



Absolutely not!





You know why? Cuz hand signs are seriously reserved for cute japanese manga characters.







And also reserved for cute mei meis.







It drives me crazy to see these wannabes do the hand sign thing, each time they ask you to vote for them through sms.

Dial 6 if you want to vote for Tan Ah Meng *Tan ah meng does a 'six' hand sign*



Insult my intelligence. I dunno what is six meh?



Unless you are a effeminiate male, please keep your hand signs to a minimal.




2) When sleeveless is NOT sexy




First there were the Flintstones....

In Sleeveless and sarongs/skirts watever






Den came Ah du...







Den...

Arghhh my eyes!! My eyes!! Save my eyes!!!



Click here to see Steven Lim Bangs and Blogs




Men in sleeveless is wat? Men shouldn't be in anything sleeveless. Not even basketball players. You think I want to see their hairy sweaty armpits meh? Sorrie, I only want to see my Mr wei's hairy armpit.



I have been meaning to write all these down for the longest time. I just have never gotten down to doing so.




My favourite wannabe - not becuz of sympathy vote


Ahh.. comes with cute dimples too



My sister said actually he quite shuai.



Footnotes:


A new picture upload tool which is easy to use!



1 Fan(s) in the Fanclub today ||| Irritating fans Corner

At 5:00 PM, June 26, 2005, Blogger Icy PrinCesS, your number one fan said,

Wahahaha.. I love today's entry..

Encore!

Actually Jay n Ed do silly hand signs too but haha they dun look as silly doing them. =p