<body>

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

CMJ - The Fortune Teller


It feels like ages since I last blogged but in reality only a few days have past.



I have been busy sending my resumes out and going for the odd interview every now and den.



Yesterday I was talking to my favourite girl and she predicted that by the end of this week I will get a job.




Company:

The other day I went for an interview at this company called Ban Leong Technologies, which is at another far end of the galaxy which is also known as Kaki Bukit Techpark.



Click here to see the amateurish Ban Leong website



Damn Fugly.



Hello Mr Teng if you really earned $50million last year maybe you want to spend some on a new and savvier website. At least a flash introduction or something lah. Nerds like me get turned off by fugly websites like these.



And pay me more. $1.8k for the first 3 months is damn little.



Place 1:

Kaki Bukit Techpark located in the outback of Eunos is not a place for a gal who wants to climb the corporate ladder.



Kaki bukit techpark itself brings on the image of a hokkien spewing ah beng becuz when I went there, there are bengs and bangs everywhere.



Bangs is a short form I use to refer to our dear Bangladeshis workers who have sweated much for our nation.



So now basically you have formed this image about the far end of the galaxy where there are plenty of bengs and bangs roaming the warehouses but no shopping centres for me to patronise after work.



Bummer.



Top Dog:

Today, for my second interview, I was grilled mercilessly by this man who is going to be my direct superior. There was this point when I was so angry and pissed with his constant grilling that I was about to burst into tears and ask him to fuck off. But I asked to be excused for a toilet break. Need some fresh air to compose myself.



I'm still sufferring from aftershocks.



Some mind numbing questions:


1) How are you going to compete with another candidate who is asking for $1.6k for this postition?


2) Tell me something that I don't know about the company


3) How much tangible value do you think you can bring in for the company?


4) Why did you apply for this post at this company and not some other big company located conveniently in town?


5) I don't think you are worth the amount you asked for. Why do you think you are worth $2.2k?




And I was grilled for 1.5 hours. I almost died. I swear.




Job:

So after 1.5hours of almost unbearable interrogation, he patted me on the shoulders and said to me that tomorrow I have to attend their IPO launch at Raffles Hotel or Swisshotel.



And I will start work tomorrow as compared to the rest of the new employees who start on Monday.



ARGH.



I havent even enjoyed my freedom fully!! I havent gone to Kbox with the girls yet. I havent met up with my pals whom I promised last week. I havent spent enough time with Mr wei.



And I have no clothes to wear!! What to wear to IPO launch?!



So save the congrats and pats on my back people.




p/s the only happy moment while I was there was when I was shown my workstation. Near the corner baby.



1 Fan(s) in the Fanclub today ||| Irritating fans Corner

At 3:44 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Icy PrinCesS, your number one fan said,

Gambatte Bunny!!~

Kaki Bukit is super far for me but ok for u la. Treat us huh remember! Heh.. Hope u hv a gd start later. =>